Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mommy's Little helper

Landon has started helping me empty the dishwasher. He loves to do it. Sometime when he can see into the drawer I guess I'll teach him about how to put them in the drawer in an orderly fashion.



These next pictures are from my phone, so a little fuzzy. I love this one. Landon and Matthew woke up in happy moods, and Landon wanted to rock Matthew in the rocking chair.


Matthew has torticollis/plagiocephaly. Which means he has a shorter muscle in his neck which makes it so he tilts his head to one side and doesn't look 90 degrees in the other. This then causes him to get a flat head. We are happy that our insurance company authorized him to get a helmet. He will wear the helmet for about 2-3 months for 23 hours a day, and after that his head will be normal shaped again. We went to get a cast made of his head so they can make the helmet. He didn't love getting a cast made of his head, but he wasn't too concerned about it. Clint's cousin Leno said Matthew might as well learn to wear a helmet because in about 20 years he'll need one when he plays on BYU's football team.



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Cuuute! Oh man, what a cute little cast. That is awesome that Landon helps with the dishes!

Isaac and Taniel said...

Cute kids. My old roommate emptied the dishwasher the same way. No, he isn't married yet ;)

We're all for Mathew playing for BYU!

Martha said...

Landon is darling, and Matthew's helmet is killer.

Christensen family said...

It is just the cast, he gets the helmet in a couple of weeks. :)

Shanna said...

What a cute helper! I love it when my kids want to help. Matthews helmet will be awesome!

Andrea said...

I think it is so cool that Landon helps at such a little age. And as for Matthew... If you have seen my blog you would know why I am excited for any person to wear a helmet! Hopefully he won't ever need it for an accident though.