Friday, February 6, 2009

Its a Boy!!!!


Well, we are having another boy. We are excited. Landon will be a great big brother, and he'll soon have a little friend. We don't have any names picked out, but I'm sure we'll come up with one.

On a side note....... Some of you know, and some may not. We have been having a crazy time at our house lately. When I went to my first OB appt for the baby the Dr noticed that my thyroid was enlarged. So, I was sent in for an ultrasound and a biopsy. The results came back as suspicious for cancer, and they suggested surgery. So, I had surgery on Wednesday and they found it really was thyroid cancer. So we were really glad I got it taken out. I am now taking thyroid medicine and after I have the baby I will have some sort of treatment for the cancer. Anyway, we didn't really know how to say all that except to say it.

We feel that we have been very blessed lately. We have been watched over so much. We are thankful to have the fullness of the gospel, and the priesthood. We know that Heavenly Father is watching over us and helping us do the things we have to. We have great family and friends. Thank you all. We have really felt everyone's prayers and concern.

7 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Congrats on another boy! How fun for Landon to have a brother. One of my close friends from Cincinnati has thyroid cancer and while the treatment has been a bit irritating, it's nothing compared to chemo and is also very effective. Hopefully all will go well for you. We'll keep you in our prayers. So sorry you have to go through this!

Shanna said...

Congratulations on another boy! Landon will be a great big brother. I am glad that you are doing better. We will keep you in our prayers.

OUR CRAZY FAMILY said...

Yippy!! That is so exiciting. A baby brother for Landon. He will be a great big brother. I am so excited for you all of you.

Wow! That is so good that they were able to detect your enlarged thyroid and get the surgery underway. We will continually pray for you throughout your pregnancy and for the treatments after. Let me know when you are recovered enough to have some fun. We need to get together.

Melanie said...

You are the best. We know you are a fighter and you will be fine. you have done it since birth. Weren't you born like 38 weeks early or something crazy like that?!!
I am so glad it's a boy, how fun. How did you get energy to do this blog you should be resting!!!!

Andrea said...

A Boy! How exciting! They will always be the best of buds! So great that you could find out so close to your surgery. That has a way of lifting you up! Call if you need anything!

Indiana Transplants said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINT! I know David called you, but I think he forgot to say hello from me. Zachary was singing to you in the background, but with the excitement of all you company I'm not sure you heard him. We sure do love you guys and are grateful for your example as you live with faith and hope. We're glad to hear we're getting another boy in the family. These little ones are such a blessing! Congrats! We continue to have you in our prayers and wish for you peace and joy in your home. If we can ever help out, give out a shout! We're here for you.

RBennett said...

WOW! That's a lot to go though all at once. I'm sure everything will be just fine. I will keep you in my prayers, keep me posted!