Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rice Cooker...Who knew?!





Landon has always loved small appliances. Funny huh. Whenever I use one to make dinner he watches it and wants to play with it. We think he likes the lights. Anyway, yesterday I gave in and I let him play with the rice cooker. He played with it for at least a half hour, which is a lot for him. I had to go to the grocery store, but I couldn't get him away from his new toy. I put his shoes and coat on while he was playing with it. He still wouldn't budge. So, I opened the door, because usually when I open the door he comes running and wants to go outside. He wasn't coming, so I was still saying "Come on Landon, let's go to the store." Then I see him come around the corner hefting the entire rice cooker. He wanted to bring it with us. It looked so funny because it was heavy for him. I made him leave it home, and in the car on the way to the grocery store he kept saying "rice". I always heard that you don't need to buy toys because kids play with anything, so now I know they even play with rice cookers.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Martha said...

hahaha! that is so funny!

Shanna said...

That is funny. I know kids will play with anything. We brought home a big box last year around Christmas time and even Christmas morning my kids still wanted to play in the box! Ha Ha. I love that they can be so easily entertained.

Andrea said...

That is so funny!

I like your new blog! Its always fun to try something different.

Melanie said...

He will probably be an inventor or something big like that. So cute. I hope I see you guys soon.

Family Times said...

Too funny! I always say to just wrap empty boxes and put them under the Christmas tree. My kids like the boxes and wrappings better than the contents!